Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who Are You Wearing?


I received so many questions about my outfit and my overall look, so here is the entire rundown.  I joked that it took a village to put me together, but I wasn't kidding.  I am so grateful to the team that assisted me, not only for their time and patience, but for really helping me shine on Oscar Sunday.

Stylist:  Roni Binshtock:  You know I talk about her all of the time, but her talents are immense and she was with me every step of the way.  She even made a last minute decision to bring me a stunning gray Sans Souci wrap that I wore through most of my red carpet interviews. (It was cold!)

Hair: Ozlem Dalgic:  She has done my hair now for two Academy Award shows and the DGA Awards.  No one does it better.

Makeup:  Carolina Groppa:  This gal has held me together for the last month and I don't know what I would do without her.  (Thanks, Bonnie Gillespie!)  My makeup and lashes held for a marathon 14 hours and that is impressive in my book.


Dress #2 outside of the after-Oscar party at the Polo Lounge.

Dress:  Chagoury Couture:  Gilbert Chagoury and Marco D'Angelo loaned me the most beautiful gown with such delicate beadwork on the flower.  It fit me like a glove, I felt like a million bucks, and it had two front pockets that added to the comfort of the gown.  After the show, I was able to change into a short dress with draping and incredible trimming on the sleeve and strap.  Thank you, gentlemen!

Even in a goofy iPhone shot, that Charles Winston ring is divine.

  My beautiful Charles Winston bracelet to accessorize my gown.

And don't forget my Charles Winston earrings!

Jewelry:  Charles Winston: I worked with Charles Winston on air back in my ShopNBC days.  I emailed him asking to borrow jewelry.  He immediately said "yes' and he and his partner, Sandy McMillan, made sure I had everything I needed and more.  The cocktail ring alone drew so many compliments, I knew I made the right choice in contacting Charles.

A HUGE THANK YOU to the entire team because I could not have done it without you.  Your contributions to my big night were immeasurable.

Just a few more photos that show the incredible beadwork on my Chagoury Couture gown.....




Total Pageviews